Rob Parker: Dumbass, Hack, Shit-thrower

Discuss all sports news here

Rob Parker: Dumbass, Hack, Shit-thrower

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Hank Aaron is a coward. He's taking a stance but not saying what it is.

There's no other way to look at it. Aaron, the home run king, is playing a neutral role in the biggest sports debate since whether hits king Pete Rose deserved to be in the Hall of Fame.

It's clear Barry Bonds will supplant Aaron as the king of the long ball. Bonds is 18 home runs away from No. 756, one better than Aaron.

Still, Aaron says he will notbe there when he drops to No. 2.

Why? Who knows. Or more like, we allknow.

It comes down to accusations Bonds used steroids, even though the slugger hasn't been found guilty.

What's Aaron's problem?

Well, he needs to take a stand -- either denounce Bonds' attempt because he's been implicated in the steroids scandal, or embrace Bonds' accomplishment and show up.

Playing middle of the road isn't fair -- to baseball, its fans or Bonds.

Instead, Aaron has chosen the easy way out -- saying nothing.

That's sad.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 004/SPORTS

I think Hank Aaron's shown nothing but class by avoiding this Bonds media machine.

Parker is a shit thrower, throw it all against the wall and see what sticks.

This isn't the first crap column he's written, and sadly (for us) it won't be the last.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby chad sexington » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:13 pm

That is officially the last article I read by Rob Parker.

So Hank Aaron is a coward because he chooses not to be a part of this circus? The Hammer is 100% a class act...something that Rob Parker would never understand. Keep pitching those mufflers on 8 mile you fucking idiot.
chad sexington
Not listening to a word

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 pm

He's failed in NY three times by my count only to come back to Detroit where he can pretend to be a big fish in a small pond, too bad his writing techniques and his subjects are full of tired, pot-stirring clichés.

I wrote him a letter three computers ago calling him out on that and he responded that he came back to the Detroit area "for a girl." I wish I saved that response.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby chad sexington » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Eh hem.....wrong thread Mr. Letter Writer..

I wrote him a letter three computers ago calling him out on that and he responded that he came back to the Detroit area "for a girl." I wish I saved that response.
chad sexington
Not listening to a word

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 pm

Can't say who told me this, but, I quote:
"Rob Parker is proof that you never should hire someone based only on the interview."

Nuff' said.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Dag » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Parker really had to vacate his bowels to come up with this steamer of a column. Hank Aaron works in the Braves front office. Anything he says about Bonds or the steroids controversy might be construed as an official opinion of the Braves. I think Aaron should be there when Bonds breaks the record but I didn't hit 755 major league home runs so I'm going to give Hank Aaron the benefit of the doubt.

That said, this column is still not as bad as Parker's open letter in Randy Smith in December of 2000 asking him to as bold as Branch Rickey was when he signed Jackie Robinson. How could Randy Smith have been that bold...signing Alex Rodriguez to a free agent deal. What garbage.
Dag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby coreytron » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:31 pm

My Moles are telling me... That Parker is an ass hat.
coreytron
Hot Fudge Media Elite

Postby Mulligan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I stopped reading him shortly into his initial stint here. The sports columns in most high school newspapers are more sophisticated than his. Back when I could stomach sport radio, he and The Man would grind my gears with their incessant harping on how Buddy Bell should be fired. When DFN sacked those two clowns, I wanted Nelson Muntz to show up at the studio and taunt "Ha, ha!" I wasn't bummed to see them broomed from their last radio job either.

Parker actually rates a wikipedia entry (which is way too fawning). These sentences made me laugh.
Parker dated FOX Sports sideline reporter Pam Oliver for several years. They broke up, partially, according to Parker's on air comments, because of the media scrutiny.

Ah, yes, who can forget the constant media scrutiny? Shirley Eder was all over them.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby Putski » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Moderator please move this to the HFD Boycot DuJour thread.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:20 am

ESPN's Mike and Mike gave Rob Parker their "Just Shut Up" award this morning. Supposedly, after reporting about Parker's article, they wanted to give him a chance to explain himself better. He has not returned any email or phone calls.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby hoog » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:51 am

thebeav wrote:ESPN's Mike and Mike gave Rob Parker their "Just Shut Up" award this morning. Supposedly, after reporting about Parker's article, they wanted to give him a chance to explain himself better. He has not returned any email or phone calls.

Apparently, he was a guest this morning on Mike and Mike. He also won the Just Shut up award out of 3 contestants with 61% of the votes.
hoog
Dr. Rosen Rosen

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:37 am

thebeav wrote: He has not returned any email or phone calls.

That's the best part, why is he so afraid?
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:09 am

This is a visual representation of Mr. Parkers contribution to the subject....

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Media/V ... n_Hot_Tub/
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby The Beav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 am

Ansel Rakestraw wrote:This is a visual representation of Mr. Parkers contribution to the subject....

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Media/V ... n_Hot_Tub/

Dude, where, how, and why do you find this...um...shit.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Beav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:47 am

hoog wrote:
thebeav wrote:ESPN's Mike and Mike gave Rob Parker their "Just Shut Up" award this morning. Supposedly, after reporting about Parker's article, they wanted to give him a chance to explain himself better. He has not returned any email or phone calls.

Apparently, he was a guest this morning on Mike and Mike. He also won the Just Shut up award out of 3 contestants with 61% of the votes.

That must have happened after I got into work. Maybe they have today's broadcast archived online.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Next

Return to Sports Forum