Dead Celebrities

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Dead Celebrities

Postby guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Bill Dana, comedian

Last edited by guest on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
as a great man once said, we got to move these refrigerators we got to move these color TVs
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm

oh, and Jose Jimenez, first ESL astronaut

as a great man once said, we got to move these refrigerators we got to move these color TVs
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby pdtpuck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:01 pm

"Pharmacology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby middle aged female » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 am

Martin Landau, aka Rollin Hand of the IMF, has passed at age 89
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 am

middle aged female wrote:Martin Landau, aka Rollin Hand of the IMF, has passed at age 89

That one was a little before my time, but I thought that he was brilliant as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood. Truly, memory will wander to snippets of his dialogue and I'll crack up, legitimately LOLing. Someone with mad skills can find and post a clip of the scene of Bela and Ed watching Vampyra on television and I'll be forever grateful.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby middle aged female » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am

Craig wrote:
middle aged female wrote:Martin Landau, aka Rollin Hand of the IMF, has passed at age 89

That one was a little before my time, but I thought that he was brilliant as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood. Truly, memory will wander to snippets of his dialogue and I'll crack up, legitimately LOLing. Someone with mad skills can find and post a clip of the scene of Bela and Ed watching Vampyra on television and I'll be forever grateful.

middle aged female

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm

At the beginning of the vid ^ Bela is riffing off of the TV and Elvira/Vampyra/whatever. You can see him doing his thing with his hands and Ed/Johnny is enraptured. The best line of the film was here, in this scene. Bela is every bit the vampire monster until he slips and declares in admiration at the actress: "look at those jugs." It's the unexpected, not the sophomoric that makes it great.
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby The Beav » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:16 pm

I remember him most for North By Northwest.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby middle aged female » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Glen Campbell. RIP
This song tears me up every time
middle aged female

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:44 pm

middle aged female wrote:Glen Campbell. RIP
This song tears me up every time

That's a great one. The day he met Jimmy Webb was a great day in music.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby middle aged female » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:...

That's a great one. The day he met Jimmy Webb was a great day in music.

Absolutely; and here is another
middle aged female

Postby Craig » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 pm

[url]http://www.detroitnews.com/story/obituaries/2017/08/16/vern-ehlers-dies/104666564//[url]

Former Congressman Vern Ehlers-branded kicked the bucket.

Somewhere around here I shared that I stumbled upon Vern's living estate sale while spinning through Grand Rapids. Having gone to more than a few estate sales I feel that you call tell a lot about a person by walking through their house and seeing their shit. There are the people who collect beer steins and the women with a lifetime of sewing and mending projects in spare bedrooms packed with two of everything. There's the guy for who his time in the service is enshrined in photos and hanging flags, and then there are the couples with commemorative cups and plaques from every community theater production in which they participated going back to 1971. In Vern's case I saw the home a man who appeared to keep an eye on things as evidenced by the apparent homespun repair and remodeling jobs, and then the clever set-up of his basement workshop. I get a kick out of thinking of a member of the US House coming home on summer recess and knitting back together a gutter that is splitting and then reporting a broken piece of walkway. What a guy. Judging by that walk-through I can believe that he was the kind of neighbor who would lend you his half-inch chuck drill and never mention politics.
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:41 am

Craig wrote: Having gone to more than a few estate sales I feel that you call tell a lot about a person by walking through their house and seeing their shit.

Among the stories told me more than once by my father was the one in which my maternal grandfather swore he'd never have an estate sale because the people who run the sales bring in unrelated items to sell and he didn't want anybody to think that he would actually have that crap in his home.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby middle aged female » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 am

Dick Gregory, comedian then activist, gone at 84.
He became an activist during the Vietnam war but the nuns at Regina never got the meme. His people contacted them asking to rent out the then brand new auditorium for a "show" and the good sisters figured, hey, a clean cut black comedian was willing to pay for a night; what could go wrong? Well, they found out what his current bag was after the fact and tried to cancel, but Dick had lawyers so they had to honor. Their idea of the first line of defense in case things got "out of hand" was to have the upper echelon of nuns ride around the lobby on their little yellow scooters while the "Dad's Club" manned the doors holding baseball bats.
God bless, Dick; you gave me a great memory
middle aged female

Postby middle aged female » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:35 pm

And no more Labor Day Telethons; Jerry Lewis gone at 91. I will say, I never did see the attraction. His movies were stupid and his jokes stupider, but I guess he did well by the MD charity.
RIP.
middle aged female

PreviousNext

Return to Other Discussions