Dead Celebrities

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Dead Celebrities

Postby guest » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Jimmy Breslin has bellied up to the bar in the sky.

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby middle aged female » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am

Rich Fisher, former Channel 2 anchor and troubleshooter reporter at age 67. Had the opportunity to talk to him on the phone once and then met him when he was the speaker at my daughter's graduation. Very nice guy. Dad was Detroit cop so we had that in common. RIP Rich. Gone too soon
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby middle aged female » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:13 am

Chuck Barris, creator of slag TV shows and a secret agent in his own mind, died this week.
Bang a Gong, Chuck.
middle aged female

Postby guest » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm

'MR. BELVEDERE' OF HOME REMODELING FAME DIES AT 95

They did good work.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Morty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 pm

guest wrote:
'MR. BELVEDERE' OF HOME REMODELING FAME DIES AT 95

They did good work.

A Motor City legend.
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Toolbox » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:53 am

Abused Michigan wife who inspired 'The Burning Bed' dies at 69

For more than 12 years, Francine Hughes endured physical abuse at the hands of James (Mickey) Hughes.

It was 40 years ago March 9 that Hughes walked into the Ingham County Jail in Mason and confessed that, fearing for her life, she had set fire to her home in Dansville, where her ex-husband was sleeping.

A jury of 10 women and two men found her not guilty by reason of insanity in the first-degree murder of Hughes, which became a turning point in the growing movement against domestic violence.

The case inspired a best-selling book, a movie, a folk song and a hit for country star Martina McBride ("Independence Day").

On March 22, Francine Wilson — she had taken the last name of her second husband — died in Leighton, Ala. She was 69.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /99850510/
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Morty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Don Rickles, "Mr.Warmth" dead at 90. One of the last old-time Vegas comics, and a truly funny man.

WWII Navy vet.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/don-ric ... 202025068/
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am

Morty wrote:Don Rickles, "Mr.Warmth" dead at 90. One of the last old-time Vegas comics, and a truly funny man.

WWII Navy vet.

I heard the Sinatra story today for the first time.

Rickles was out on a hot date and happened to see Sinatra at the restaurant. He came by Sinatra's table and asked him to help a brother out and step over to his table so his date could see that Rickles was so cool he was friends with Sinatra.

So Sinatra does just that: He waited a while, then walked over to Rickles' table to say hi.

"Jesus, Frank," Rickles said. "Can't you see we're trying to eat?"
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby pdtpuck » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:31 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Morty wrote:Don Rickles, "Mr.Warmth" dead at 90. One of the last old-time Vegas comics, and a truly funny man.

WWII Navy vet.

I heard the Sinatra story today for the first time.

Rickles was out on a hot date and happened to see Sinatra at the restaurant. He came by Sinatra's table and asked him to help a brother out and step over to his table so his date could see that Rickles was so cool he was friends with Sinatra.

So Sinatra does just that: He waited a while, then walked over to Rickles' table to say hi.

"Jesus, Frank," Rickles said. "Can't you see we're trying to eat?"

So funny. One of the greats.

Have you seen the Don Rickles episode of Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?" Jerry is so in awe of him he's just sitting there like a 10-year old hanging on every word, as I would be.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby middle aged female » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 pm

J. Geils of J. Geils has gone to look at that big Centerfold in the sky. The final Freeze Frame.
middle aged female

Postby Toolbox » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:54 am

Aaron Hernandez commits suicide, officials say

(CNN)Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was convicted of murder, was found hanged Wednesday morning in the Massachusetts prison where he was serving a life sentence, officials said.

The death of Hernandez, 27, comes just days after he was acquitted in a separate murder case.
Hernandez "was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m.," the Massachusetts Department of Correction said.
"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. by a physician at the hospital.
"Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.
"The Massachusetts State Police are on scene and the investigation continues. Mr. Hernandez's next of kin have been notified."

Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 am

Toolbox wrote:

(CNN)Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was convicted of murder, was found hanged Wednesday morning in the Massachusetts prison where he was serving a life sentence, officials said.

The death of Hernandez, 27, comes just days after he was acquitted in a separate murder case.
Hernandez "was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m.," the Massachusetts Department of Correction said.
"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. by a physician at the hospital.
"Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.
"The Massachusetts State Police are on scene and the investigation continues. Mr. Hernandez's next of kin have been notified."

Not that this saddens me, but one would think prison architect-type folks would've found a way to make jail cells hanging-proof by now.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

Not that this saddens me, but one would think prison architect-type folks would've found a way to make jail cells hanging-proof by now.

I'm kinda meh about this guy, too. Make bad decisions (not just one, but many) and IMO you've voted yourself off of the island of civil society. Of course it's a tragedy to see a life wasted, but all that I have to do is hear about the serial trainwrecks that are some "square" peoples' lives and I'm reminded that there are many, many ways to piss away life. A woman who works with my wife and with a life of an unending string of self-inflicted wounds (e.g. decent middle-class salary but not a pot to piss in with a family diet that consists of daily fast-food runs, multiple pets, no food in the 'fridge for the kids but plenty of beer and smokes for the parents, etc.) is enough to confirm that there simply is no saving some people.

But then... how bad can life be before it makes objective sense to check out? Rudyard Kipling has the famous line where he advises the wounded soldier to shoot himself, but in that case the enemies' women were coming with knives to torture and butcher the subject, so hell yes there may well be a time where suicide is preferable to a horrible but inevitable end. Is prison like that? I hope to never find out, but I read it to be like living in the worst neighborhood with the worst people meaning that it can be a string of unending hell for the particularly marginal. Enough to actually kill yourself? Dunno. I've read about people locked away for long, long terms under appalling conditions (e.g. Soviet and Chinese gulags; North Korea; UK POWs held by Japan) and tried to imagine how meaning and happiness could be present in those lives, and it's hard but not impossible to see it. Is there a bottom line here? If there is then it's probably first "don't screw up," and second "if you do then work hard to find and hold onto at least a sliver of your humanity." Who knows if Hernandez was deep enough to see things this way, but in any case he's now a footnote in NFL and human history.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby guest » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am

Cuba Gooding Jr found dead in a car with drug paraphernalia.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby middle aged female » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am

guest wrote:Cuba Gooding Jr found dead in a car with drug paraphernalia.

No, it was his dad, Cuba Gooding Sr. who was found dead. R&B singer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/cuba-gooding-sr-singer-father-oscar-winning-actor-found-dead-n749161
middle aged female

PreviousNext

Return to Other Discussions