Thermostat Setting

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Thermostat Setting

Postby guest » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Toolbox wrote:
guest wrote:Here at Casa d'Guest it starts with closing the windows a week or so ago. The boiler went on this morning. Feels good.

Now that the boiler is operating you will need to open the windows.

Well, yeah, that's how we regulate the heat here.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 am

I cracked, which is to say that I found my glasses and the thermostat instructions. The house is nice and warm now, but it took (a) the wife threatening to call a tech and (b) about 20 minutes of teeth-gnashing as I deciphered an awful owner's manual at 3 AM. Funny how motivating the prospect of a $100 service call can be to a cheap-ass like me.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Amadeus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:27 pm

I gave in over the weekend. My wife and I were going to be gone from Friday until Sunday, and we couldn't leave our 22 year-old cat in a cold house. If we had stayed home, she would have been fine, cuddled up with one of us.
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby caseyc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:53 pm

I finally turned the heat on this past Friday. The endless cloudy days did me no favors.It was a consistent 58 degrees at most inside.
Make no new female acquaintances; avoid soirees; call on old friends occasionally. Write good letters to absent friends, and attend church once each Sunday.
caseyc
Hot Fudge Cincinista

Postby D-Day » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm exempting myself from this game. Now that Mrs.D-Day
is on blood thinners, hell isn't warm enough for her
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby middle aged female » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:35 pm

D-Day wrote:I'm exempting myself from this game. Now that Mrs.D-Day

How is she doing now?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby D-Day » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 am

middle aged female wrote:

How is she doing now?

She's made a 100% recovery. When she first came home from the hospital her hearing was really sensitive and the vision in her right eye was a little wonky, but that's worked itself out. They did a procedure on her last month where they shocked her heart back into sinus rhythm and she's been good with that ever since. Her final follow up was last week. Vitals all looked good, ticker ticking away like it should be. Her doctor's have been amazed at the completeness of her recovery. She's actually been discharged and doesn't need to go back to the hospital unless she starts having any problems again. Chances are that we'll probably have to go back as there's a pretty good shot that she'll go back into Afib at some point (which is what caused this in the first place), but now we know what to look for if it happens again

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Like I said, earlier, thank God I happened to be home that day. The docs have told me that getting her to the hospital so quickly (under an hour from the time it happened) was key to all of this happening the way it has
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby middle aged female » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 pm

D-Day wrote:

How is she doing now?

She's made a 100% recovery. When she first came home from the hospital her hearing was really sensitive and the vision in her right eye was a little wonky, but that's worked itself out. They did a procedure on her last month where they shocked her heart back into sinus rhythm and she's been good with that ever since. Her final follow up was last week. Vitals all looked good, ticker ticking away like it should be. Her doctor's have been amazed at the completeness of her recovery. She's actually been discharged and doesn't need to go back to the hospital unless she starts having any problems again. Chances are that we'll probably have to go back as there's a pretty good shot that she'll go back into Afib at some point (which is what caused this in the first place), but now we know what to look for if it happens again

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Like I said, earlier, thank God I happened to be home that day. The docs have told me that getting her to the hospital so quickly (under an hour from the time it happened) was key to all of this happening the way it has

Fantastic!! I am so glad
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby D-Day » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:58 pm

D-Day wrote:

How is she doing now?

Fantastic!! I am so glad

Thanks........scary as hell, but really, really glad we got the outcome we did. That still doesn't change the fact that hell isn't warm enough for her. I cleaned the flame sensor on the furnace yesterday because it popped a code and shut down. So I called home today from work and asked if the house was warm and she said, "Yeah, kinda....". Which is the new , "Yeah, the heat if good and everything is fine"

If I had a nickel for every time I had to answer the question, "Is it cold in here?", I'd be a rich man :D
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Previous

Return to Other Discussions