Found Music

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Found Music

Postby Doctor Detroit » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:25 am

He could trap the biggest, the meanest alligator, and just use one hand.
That's all he got left cause the alligator bit it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Postby Toolbox » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon May 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Octavia, by Skunkworks, which is a 20-year old album that I missed the first time around. Wiki calls the sound grunge, but Bruce Dickinson sings and at the least it makes the album a hybrid of "Seattle" and Iron Maiden.

I found the album used and filed under metal at the local FYE. Creem is long gone, radio is uniformly worse than it was thirty years ago as a proponent of new music, real record stores are dead, and CDs are pretty much only a memory. Not an easy time for a dinosaur who likes to explore.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Exciteable » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 am

Sometime a band comes along and restores my faith that there are still bands that can write and play the good old basic rock & roll music.
http://www.thesheltersmusic.com/news/de ... -now-22041
It's not as easy as it used to be finding time to let my mind wander.
Exciteable
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Craig » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:44 am

Heroes cover, by a Belgian women's voice choir. Holy shit...

I encountered this in a trailer for a war flick: Long Halftime Walk. Who knows if the movie tells a good story, but this version of the old Bowie tune catches me in the heart. Per the trailer, the movie is about young kids who really have their eyes opened in Iraq. I look on my own son, a serviceman, and know all over again how horrible is the prospect of war. Think about one whom you held as a baby, held just seconds after his birth and in that moment pledged totally and completely to defend his tiny life with your own, and see him in a uniform and in formation and you will know a deep, helpless sadness. How can our world be so fucked that babies march off with rifles and webbing? March off for what? Heroes.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Navy Blue Scrubs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Dude comes in the other night and he's got a boombox. We usually discourage these things but it wasn't really bothering anybody, picking my battles, he was drunk, and then...is he playing Pink Floyd? Really?

So just now I went to get the Batmobile washed, first wash since I bought it at the end of last year, and they were trying to upgrade me to the wheel treatment but I couldn't hear him and I turned my music down. "Is that Pink Floyd?" "No, man, not even close, it's Bob Dylan" - Live 1965 because I'm working on a big Dylan book from the library - "I'll bring Pink Floyd next time."

So what's with black people being into Pink Floyd? Or even knowing what it is? Or not? Oh, and by the way, which one's Pink?

And they bent my Batman license plate. Got a screwdriver and bent it back. Looks okay, more or less.
Navy Blue Scrubs
Hot Fudge Arrogant Little Fuck

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I've never known a black person, ever, to enjoy Pink Floyd or even to willingly listen for more that a few seconds to anything by them or any spinoffs. But Hendrix rocked, John Butcher was on fire for a couple of albums, and growing up I had a black neighbor who'd practice playing rock guitar in his garage. So there's hope for musical unity, IMO.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby pdtpuck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Craig wrote:I've never known a black person, ever, to enjoy Pink Floyd or even to willingly listen for more that a few seconds to anything by them or any spinoffs. But Hendrix rocked, John Butcher was on fire for a couple of albums, and growing up I had a black neighbor who'd practice playing rock guitar in his garage. So there's hope for musical unity, IMO.

Recently discovered this guy. Rocky George, formerly of Suicidal Tendencies, is still out there rocking with Fishbone, too.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby pdtpuck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:42 pm

pdtpuck wrote:
Craig wrote:I've never known a black person, ever, to enjoy Pink Floyd or even to willingly listen for more that a few seconds to anything by them or any spinoffs. But Hendrix rocked, John Butcher was on fire for a couple of albums, and growing up I had a black neighbor who'd practice playing rock guitar in his garage. So there's hope for musical unity, IMO.

Recently discovered this guy. Rocky George, formerly of Suicidal Tendencies, is still out there rocking with Fishbone, too.
And don't forget Sound Barrier, one of the first all-black metal bands, predating Ice-T's Body Count by at least a decade.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby Toolbox » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Ever hear of Death or The Bad Brains? They have just a touch of edge to them.

The one concert that I have ever feared for my life was a Bad Brains show in the late 80's at St Andrews. From the opening note the whole main floor was going off in one giant pit, this was before backwards hat bro dudes moshed to whatever group was on stage. It was insane!

Ice-T and Bodycount have a new album out...
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Previous

Return to Other Discussions