Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby D-Day » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:48 am

Shark wrote:General Motors recalls

I have one if the affected cars ant be ignition switch sucks on ours. So I care. Ordinarily, though, I hear ya....

WOOHOO!! Now I don't have to change the locks on the car!!
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:12 am

WORLD. CUP. SOCCER.
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
.
User avatar
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Wistfully recalling those halcyon days.

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby D-Day » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 am

D-Day wrote:
Shark wrote:General Motors recalls

I have one if the affected cars ant be ignition switch sucks on ours. So I care. Ordinarily, though, I hear ya....

WOOHOO!! Now I don't have to change the locks on the car!!


Goddamit (W[here]TF is gully?)!! Our car's not included. But every other car thyat model year and size is. Just like it wasn't included in the power steering hose recall that GM had a couple years ago, even though the setup and parts are identical to what was recalled

So check that. I stand corrected and no longer care....Cross post to Fuck You GM My Next Car Will Be A Ford
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby D-Day » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am

Sterile Whites 48313 wrote:WORLD. CUP. SOCCER.


Mrs. D-Day walking into the living room while I was watching the USA - Ghana game...."Did they kick their little ball into their little net yet?"
Last edited by D-Day on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:51 am

The new penguin-arium at the Zoo.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 am

D-Day wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Shark wrote:General Motors recalls

I have one if the affected cars ant be ignition switch sucks on ours. So I care. Ordinarily, though, I hear ya....

WOOHOO!! Now I don't have to change the locks on the car!!


Goddamit (W[here]TF is gully?)!! Our car's not included. But every other car thyat model year and size is. Just like it wasn't included in the power steering hose recall that GM had a couple years ago, even though the setup and parts are identical to what was recalled

So check that. I stand corrected and no longer care....Cross post to Fuck You GM My Next Car Will Be A Ford

The way that things are going with GM just about every flipping vehicle delivered since the first W. administration will eventually be on the list.

My Ion and it's long-running no-start in cold weather is not a part of the recall. How this is possible is beyond me. Actually, it's not beyond me because safety recalls are about things gone wrong that will kill your motoring ass. There may be a "bulletin" but never a recall. Anyway, it would have been nice if those dopes had conviction enough to stand behind their product on that one extremely irritating fault. Cost me $200 last fall to have it fixed, and the final insult on that long-running problem was that when the tech did his upsell complementary (yeah, you're so good to me) multi-point vehicle inspection he emptied my glovebox to see the cabin air filter and then didn't restore my stuff to it's normally-orderly status. Peckerheads.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:56 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:The new penguin-arium at the Zoo.


My dad used to grouse that in one '70s-era contract the DPD didn't get a raise but the penguins at the zoo got a new house. "That damn Coleman Young hates policemen."
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:02 am

D-Day wrote:
Sterile Whites 48313 wrote:WORLD. CUP. SOCCER.


Mrs. D-Day walking into the living room was I was watching the USA - Ghana game...."Did they kick their little ball into their little net yet?"

And yeah, who gives a crap?

Overheard over the weekend: the neighbor boy who plays in high school was out in the yard and his elderly father shouts out the front door "Jimmy! Siberia is about to play Outer Hebrides" or some other such horse shit. The goofy kid who is going to State in the fall to study philosophy and his old-man dad (25 years older than his wife?) summarizes who I imagine comprise the core of US soccer fans, unless you also include the little five and six-year old girls forced to play on Saturday mornings.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Sterile Whites 48313 wrote:WORLD. CUP. SOCCER.



You could have omitted the first two words.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby thunderstruck » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:25 pm

I was not disappointed when my girls opted not to continue with soccer. I'll cry if my son stops playing hockey. I wish the girls would have wanted to play hockey too. Good HS and college opportunities for girl hockey players.
User avatar
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Beyond comprehension

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:33 pm

thunderstruck wrote:I was not disappointed when my girls opted not to continue with soccer. I'll cry if my son stops playing hockey. I wish the girls would have wanted to play hockey too. Good HS and college opportunities for girl hockey players.


I almost cry when my kid mentions the word soccer. Just the sound of the word invokes feelings of suicide inducing boredom.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Toolbox » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:I was not disappointed when my girls opted not to continue with soccer. I'll cry if my son stops playing hockey. I wish the girls would have wanted to play hockey too. Good HS and college opportunities for girl hockey players.


I almost cry when my kid mentions the word soccer. Just the sound of the word invokes feelings of suicide inducing boredom.



You married into the wrong ethnic group to not care about proper football.
User avatar
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Lovin' it in the burbs

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
Sterile Whites 48313 wrote:WORLD. CUP. SOCCER.



You could have omitted the first two words.


SW Likes this!
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
.
User avatar
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Wistfully recalling those halcyon days.

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Toolbox wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:I was not disappointed when my girls opted not to continue with soccer. I'll cry if my son stops playing hockey. I wish the girls would have wanted to play hockey too. Good HS and college opportunities for girl hockey players.


I almost cry when my kid mentions the word soccer. Just the sound of the word invokes feelings of suicide inducing boredom.



You married into the wrong ethnic group to not care about proper football.


Thankfully they are not soccer fans. I don't know how that happened because the probability has to be less than 1% but I got lucky.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: Things I'm supposed to care about, but don't.

Postby Random Douchebag » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 pm

can't hate soccer too much. 150 plus years ago, someone finally got fed up with soccer, picked up the ball, ran at the opposition and rugby was born. now rugby is a damn fine sport.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
User avatar
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere, nowhere.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests