Shit My Dad Says

Some threads may be NSFW

Re:

Postby middle aged female » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 pm

gullycanyon wrote:This thread is funny. For all the stuff our dads said to us, tried to get us to understand, and wanted us to learn, about life, from them, what the fuck do we all remember?

The cursing.

My dad (this will come as no fucking surprise to those of you who have read any of my posts) was a heavy curser. Some of his favorites have appeared in this thread, but he had one which I have never heard from anyone else:

"Go piss up a rope."

Dad used to say that too.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Postby gullycanyon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:12 pm

M.A.F., that's interesting, 'cuz "couldn't find his ass with both hands" was one of my dad's big-time faves.

Hhmm. I always wanted a sister, but I didn't think I had one...
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
User avatar
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Re:

Postby middle aged female » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 pm

gullycanyon wrote:M.A.F., that's interesting, 'cuz "couldn't find his ass with both hands" was one of my dad's big-time faves.

Hhmm. I always wanted a sister, but I didn't think I had one...

Dad was a cop. I'm sure he got around some.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Postby gullycanyon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I see. I guess you're not my sister.
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
User avatar
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby caseyc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am

what I will shorthand as "J F C!" always made me cringe a bit, particular if I had friends around.


"there's NO fish in that river..." every Thanksgivng at the Cannon lodge near Baldwin Michigan...Pere Marquette River.
Make no new female acquaintances; avoid soirees; call on old friends occasionally. Write good letters to absent friends, and attend church once each Sunday.
User avatar
caseyc
Hot Fudge Cincinista
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: Hot Fudge Hall of Presidents

Re:

Postby The Beav » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am

gullycanyon wrote:M.A.F., that's interesting, 'cuz "couldn't find his ass with both hands" was one of my dad's big-time faves.

Hhmm. I always wanted a sister, but I didn't think I had one...


The cousin to "Doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground."
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby Mulligan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 am

When my youngest sister was learning to talk, us older sibs, all at least six years older than her, would ask "What does Daddy say?" She would say "Shit" and there would be big laughs all around every time. I guess at some point that little show became unacceptable.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Re:

Postby D-Day » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am

The Beav wrote:
gullycanyon wrote:M.A.F., that's interesting, 'cuz "couldn't find his ass with both hands" was one of my dad's big-time faves.

Hhmm. I always wanted a sister, but I didn't think I had one...


The cousin to "Doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground."


Cross post from Shit My Dad Said(Says) to Shit My Drill Sergeant Said
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 am

Mulligan wrote:When my youngest sister was learning to talk, us older sibs, all at least six years older than her, would ask "What does Daddy say?" She would say "Shit" and there would be big laughs all around every time. I guess at some point that little show became unacceptable.


The wife thought that it would be cute to get a little cheerleader's dress-up outfit for the little girls. "Thought" that was, until they got coached through the obvious routine: "gimme an S! gimme an H!..." Actually, I still crack myself up over that one.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby The Beav » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:55 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Mulligan wrote:When my youngest sister was learning to talk, us older sibs, all at least six years older than her, would ask "What does Daddy say?" She would say "Shit" and there would be big laughs all around every time. I guess at some point that little show became unacceptable.


The wife thought that it would be cute to get a little cheerleader's dress-up outfit for the little girls. "Thought" that was, until they got coached through the obvious routine: "gimme an S! gimme an H!..." Actually, I still crack myself up over that one.


Mom would get pissed when her dad would have me recite, three times fast, "I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit."
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby Doctor Detroit » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 pm

For "Shit my Mom Says": "It's not rocket scientist".

Ma, that doesn't even make sense. Stop it. It's not rocket SCIENCE.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User avatar
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby susanarosa » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:For "Shit my Mom Says": "It's not rocket scientist".

Ma, that doesn't even make sense. Stop it. It's not rocket SCIENCE.


My mom is far more quotable:

"He's not the brains of the operation." Most recently used referring to Brandon Inge

"You look like you're from Madison Heights." Last time I was wearing jorts and a Brazil soccer jersey. First time I was wearing heels and white socks ala License to Drive.

"They have more money than brains." My cousin with his two houses 2 miles apart fits this description.

"Follow the money." Politics.
User avatar
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl
 
Posts: 4322
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:52 am
Location: the couch

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby Doctor Detroit » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:21 pm

"Do you want your father to find out about this?" - always said loud enough so that father just found out about this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User avatar
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby middle aged female » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:"Do you want your father to find out about this?" - always said loud enough so that father just found out about this.

That goes with the ever popular 'Just wait until your father gets home'.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby The Beav » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:29 pm

middle aged female wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:"Do you want your father to find out about this?" - always said loud enough so that father just found out about this.

That goes with the ever popular 'Just wait until your father gets home'.


Mom never waited. She used a wooden spoon as soon as I deserved it. I'm assuming she thought, "Why should he have all the fun?"
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron