Hot Fudge Music

Some threads may be NSFW

Hot Fudge Music

Postby Putski » Thu May 24, 2007 1:12 pm

What is everyone doing for filesharing these days? I haven't done much lately and could use an update as to what's the latest. I used Soulseek for a few years but last I checked it isn't what it used to be in the way of traffic or variety. I had thought about setting up a server of sorts for a few friends in past years to swap files privately but never really found the time. I see Dhall has 50G's of music. I have something near that as well. I really just want to trade music without having to learn any computer stuff.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Woodwards Friend » Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 pm

I heard from this guy in Woodbridge that paying for satellite radio is the way to go. I think they even have an all Lynard Skynard channel.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby davecat » Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm still looking for the LP slot on my PC.

Oh, and this would be a good time for Larry to start posting again. I bet he has the scoop, along with a crapload of files to share.
Clearly if I had the needs and funding I would surely invest here and become the change Detroit needs.
davecat
Hot Fudge Riesling Connoisseur

Postby jmy » Thu May 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Doesn't music just come from the radio when you turn it on?
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby David Hall » Thu May 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Buy an external Hard Drive, then come to my house.
I'll unload a bunch of music which will soon be yours.

The best way right now is by using Torrents.

Download a program called Azureus (sp?).
Download a toolbar for Firefox titled (Torrent Search)

enter the name of the artist you wish to find, and click the various sites on the toolbar.

It will take you to a page like this. (the more seeds the better)
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search= ... y+Blue+Sky

The entire album will download in minutes (depending on connection).
Basically, I believe you have to do what you love, learning as a loan wolf, before you can join a pack.
David Hall
Hot Fudge Mortgage Expert

Postby David Hall » Thu May 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, and check out that album. A little slow for my taste, but it grows on you after a few listens. (I mean it)
Basically, I believe you have to do what you love, learning as a loan wolf, before you can join a pack.
David Hall

Postby Putski » Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 am

Good stuff Dhall. I downloaded all that jazz last night and will give it a test drive this weekend. Thanks. I felt like I was asking for a lasik suggestion on Dyes for a minute there......
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby David Hall » Fri May 25, 2007 11:43 am

Putski wrote:Good stuff Dhall. I downloaded all that jazz last night and will give it a test drive this weekend. Thanks. I felt like I was asking for a lasik suggestion on Dyes for a minute there......

Let me know how it works.
David Hall

Postby Ya Mar » Thu May 31, 2007 12:05 pm

Or you could just all go to the store and actually pay for the music.

Fuckin' thieves.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby The Beav » Thu May 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Or you could just all go to the store and actually pay for the music.

Fuckin' thieves.

I was wondering when our lawyer for the recording industry (who gets most of his music for free, anyways) would be commenting on this.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ya Mar » Thu May 31, 2007 12:18 pm

thebeav wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Or you could just all go to the store and actually pay for the music.

Fuckin' thieves.

I was wondering when our lawyer for the recording industry (who gets most of his music for free, anyways) would be commenting on this.

People bitch and moan about grafitti, and exploring, and littering, and the lack of respect for other's property. Yet they feel that it is their right to steal somebody's intellectual property.

I just do not get it.

There is no way to justify it, without first admitting that you are stealing.

If you want to justify stealing, then so be it.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Woodwards Friend » Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Fuckin' thieves.

Perhaps we would but the music industry didn't recognize that digital file formats were going to replace traditional physical media as the consumers preferred medium for music. But the industry dropped the ball.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ya Mar » Thu May 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:

Fuckin' thieves.

Perhaps we would but the music industry didn't recognize that digital file formats were going to replace traditional physical media as the consumers preferred medium for music. But the industry dropped the ball.

So, you can't go buy digital files?

GM didn't recognize the need for quality and economy either. So does that make its intellectual property fair game?

The UA is unsecured, therefore people have the right to go in and strip the hell out of it?

Such a weak retort.

Admit that it is stealing, that it is breaking the law, and then justify it.
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby The Beav » Thu May 31, 2007 1:18 pm

So's smoking dope.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu May 31, 2007 1:46 pm

Ya Mar wrote:
thebeav wrote:

Fuckin' thieves.

People bitch and moan about grafitti, and exploring, and littering, and the lack of respect for other's property. Yet they feel that it is their right to steal somebody's intellectual property.

I just do not get it.

There is no way to justify it, without first admitting that you are stealing.

If you want to justify stealing, then so be it.

Thanks, from a worker bee in the intellectual-property driven world.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Next

Return to Other Discussions