Hot Fudge Music

Some threads may be NSFW

Re: Hot Fudge Music

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue May 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer. The band announced this morning they'll do one final tour ... I hope they come to Chicago.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue May 24, 2016 4:42 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer. The band announced this morning they'll do one final tour ... I hope they come to Chicago.

Courage is a top-50 song for me. Very surprising that it is, given what makes up the rest of the list.

frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Exciteable » Tue May 24, 2016 5:19 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer. The band announced this morning they'll do one final tour ... I hope they come to Chicago.

Courage is a top-50 song for me. Very surprising that it is, given what makes up the rest of the list.

Spending a lot of time in the northern UP in the late eighties summers, about all you could get for decent FM radio was stations out of Thunder Bay, Ontario. 94.3 was very popular amongst us 20 something drunks that were taking a much needed summer break from college. Work a little, drink a lot. Along with a lot of other great Canadian rock & roll, I was introduced to The Hip. Never had a chance to see them live, might have to be sure to do it now.
This was always a favorite, along with the whole album. (Up To Here). Brings back the memories.
It's not as easy as it used to be finding time to let my mind wander.
Exciteable
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Valpo is rolling out a new capital campaign during its homecoming festivities in September and got the Barenaked Ladies to perform.

Brunette 1.0 has to be seen the entire weekend, which means I have to be there, too.

Brunette 1.0 owes me one.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby pdtpuck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Ghost (formerly known as Ghost B.C.) released their new EP, Popestar. As with the If You Have Ghost EP, some very interesting cover choices;
Track listing
1. "Square Hammer" (Ghost original)
2. "Nocturnal Me" (Echo & the Bunnymen cover)
3. "I Believe" (Simian Mobile Disco cover)
4. "Missionary Man" (Eurythmics cover)
5. "Bible" (Imperiet cover)
Seeing them for the third time on the 28th of this month. I've discovered there's no in between with this band...people either love 'em or hate 'em.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Previous

Return to Other Discussions