Long, tall grass

Views, tours and other images of Detroit

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby ldodger » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:15 pm

middle aged female wrote:
ldodger wrote:The two parks where we used to play no longer appear on a map--the park just East of Gratiot on Seven Mile (the infamous park) and JoAnn Park (the park where we used to ice skate).

Image

What park was that? I don't remember one up there, but that doesn't mean anything given the 30 odd years of drinking.


Attended Mass at Grotto for the Feast of the Assumption. Asked betterhalf to drive past this park--here is what we found. Kerschke Park...

Image

Image

Image

Image
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
User avatar
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Detroit area

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby middle aged female » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:49 pm

ldodger wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
ldodger wrote:The two parks where we used to play no longer appear on a map--the park just East of Gratiot on Seven Mile (the infamous park) and JoAnn Park (the park where we used to ice skate).

Image

What park was that? I don't remember one up there, but that doesn't mean anything given the 30 odd years of drinking.


Attended Mass at Grotto for the Feast of the Assumption. Asked betterhalf to drive past this park--here is what we found. Kerschke Park...

Image

Image

Image

Image

So it now has a name. Is there a plaque denoting you're monkey bar accident?
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby ldodger » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:23 pm

middle aged female wrote:
ldodger wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
ldodger wrote:The two parks where we used to play no longer appear on a map--the park just East of Gratiot on Seven Mile (the infamous park) and JoAnn Park (the park where we used to ice skate).

Image

What park was that? I don't remember one up there, but that doesn't mean anything given the 30 odd years of drinking.


Attended Mass at Grotto for the Feast of the Assumption. Asked betterhalf to drive past this park--here is what we found. Kerschke Park...

Image

Image

Image

Image

So it now has a name. Is there a plaque denoting you're monkey bar accident?


No, but there should be...
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
User avatar
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Detroit area

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby Brotha Lawrence » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:30 am

Seems like the schoolgirl avatar is in. Back to school excitement?
To obtain a special dialing wand please mash the keypad now.
User avatar
Brotha Lawrence
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:35 am
Location: 4,756 Mile Road

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 am

State contractors were buzzing down the long stuff on the side of 75 north of 86 Mile this morning. We had quite a show these past months watching all things wild grow to thigh-height and beyond.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby middle aged female » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:State contractors were buzzing down the long stuff on the side of 75 north of 86 Mile this morning. We had quite a show these past months watching all things wild grow to thigh-height and beyond.

It does make it difficult to see cars coming, doesn't it?
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Long, tall grass

Postby Mulligan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Mulligan on Jul 16, 2009 wrote:Comparison photos from the summer of '07.

Then:

Image

Now:

Image
Image


Sometime in the past week or two the playground equipment went bye-bye.

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Previous

Return to Pictures of Detroit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest